Blue Collar Blues and BBQ Rules and Regulations
Blue Collar Blues & BBQ
- All Competitors and/or Vendors must sign a hold harmless agreement.
- All Competitors and/ or Vendors must not sell drinks of any sort. Drinks are sold by Alfresco at the Alfresco Booth. Funds from this booth are used to pay for the entertainment and cash prizes for the competition. Please be respectful of this.
- The Alfresco Booth also sells hot dogs and asks Vendors and competitors to refrain from selling these as well.
Pulled Pork, Pork Steaks, and Ribs
Top three in each category will be awarded. First in each category will be judged for “Best in Show”. Best in Show will receive a Trophy.
BBQ Competition Rules
- Have Fun
- Meat is purchased by the individual competitor(s).
- Meat must be cooked on site.
- Competitors will turn in enough food for 5 judges to sample. (Alfresco will provide turn-in containers.) Turn in times will be staggered, beginning with Pulled Pork at 2:30 p.m. , Pork Steaks at 3:00 p.m., and Ribs at 3:30 p.m. Turn in location will be determined during set-up.
- Please make sure that all trash and debris is cleaned from your area.
- See rule #1.
Winners will be announced near the end of the event.
“FEED THE PIG” – People’s Choice Award
Each team or individual “selling” BBQ to the public will be given a “Pig” Can. The People at the festival vote for you by dropping money into the can at your booth. The cans will be picked up at your station at 6:00 p. m. The team raising the most money will receive half of all funds raised and bragging rights as the “People’s Choice”.
Participants may be asked to sign a photo release.
Thanks for your interest in participating in this great community event brought to you by: